Technology has become a regular part of our everyday life and that can extend to your thermostat as well. Programmable thermostats have become more and more popular among homeowners because of their many benefits. Installing a programmable thermostat can be an easy and quick way to improve your HVAC system and experience all that it has to offer. But what are the benefits of installing a programmable thermostat?
- Cost-EfficientOf course, at the top of everyone’s list is saving money. Programmable thermostats help you take advantage of energy savings to cut costs on your monthly energy bill. Programming your thermostat to higher temperatures when you are away from home can be a great way to cut back on costs. Create a schedule with a programmable thermostat that meets the needs of your family so you can save money when you aren’t home and be comfortable when you are.
- Be Comfortable All Year RoundA programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature of your home to the perfect comfort level for you and your family. You can set the temperature to remain constant so that you are always feeling great inside your home. Even more advanced programmable thermostats have the capability to heat or cool only certain parts of the home that the family spends the most time in. Keeping your home at a constant temperature can help avoid hot and cold spots that many homes experience. There are many different types of programmable thermostats to consider, but they all offer many benefits to keeping you comfortable all throughout the year.
- Set It and Forget ItSome manual thermostats can be set to higher or cooler temperatures while you are gone for larger chunks of the day, but it can be time-consuming to set every time of the day to just the right setting. With a programmable thermostat, it is very simple and easy to set your preferences one time and then just forget about it and let the programmable thermostat do the work for you. The convenience and simplicity of a programmable thermostat makes it well worth the investment.
- Increase Energy EfficiencyIt’s all about energy efficiency nowadays and programmable thermostats are a part of that. Programmable thermostats can help you get the most out of your HVAC system, even older units. A programmable thermostat can reduce the workload of an ac unit to prevent unnecessary wear and tear so that your AC unit can be energy efficient and last longer.
- Adjust Your Thermostat from AnywhereBecause of technology today, a programmable thermostat allows you to adjust your thermostat from anywhere using your phone or computer. If you forgot to adjust the temperature of your home for a period of time that you will be gone, it’s easy to just get on your phone and adjust it from wherever you are. The convenience of being able to control the temperature of your home from virtually anywhere is something homeowners are finding worthwhile. If you are considering a programmable thermostat, E Dennis can help. Call today for more information or to set up a time for installation.